The Pastoral Care Committee welcomes our seasonal members back to Highlands. It is a joy to see our friends again.
We have a number of Pastoral Care ministries:
- All You Give is Love Prayer Shawl Ministry – This is our newest ministry. It meets each Friday at noon in the Church foyer. Bring your lunch and your own project, or help with one of the prayer shawls or quilts worked on each week by the group. The shawls and quilts are blessed on Sunday and then distributed to those in need.
- Prayer List Ministry – We maintain the list of names included in the Prayers of the People, which is read aloud on Sunday. We also keep a silent prayer list for those in need of long-term prayer. Contact Vernon Skiles who manages both lists. Please let him know if someone needs to be added or deleted to one of the lists (email@example.com).
- Card Ministry – Peg Brannen sends cards when there is an illness, death or other special need.
- Eucharistic Visitors – Al Brady manages our Eucharistic Visitors to those wanting to receive Communion who are unable to attend church services. Please contact Al if you know of someone who would like to receive Communion (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Feed My Sheep – Anne Norman oversees the preparation of soup, bread and small casseroles for anyone needing food. Pastoral Care Committee members also deliver food to members of our church family in times of illness, death, or time of special need.
- Flower Ministry – Suzy Mosely arranges and delivers flowers on special occasions or as a thoughtful gift for someone.
- Chapel Prayer Box – Vernon Skiles maintains the chapel prayer box, which is a new ministry at Incarnation.
The committee operates on the belief that caring and supporting each other in a time of need is one of the most significant ways we live out the mission and ministry of our Lord Jesus Christ. Committee members offer prayers, visit local hospitals, assisted living centers, and nursing homes.
Current members are: Dan Adcock, Al Brady, Peg Brannen, Barbara Cusachs, Janis Erikson, Suzy Mosely, Jack Ralston, Midge Rothermel, Adele Scielzo, Vernon Skiles and Betsy Turner. Pastoral ministries are not limited to members of the committee. Please let us know how you would like to participate.
We are dedicated to ministering to our church family. If you or someone you know needs assistance from the Pastoral Care Committee, please contact Vernon Skiles at 404-372-3915 or email@example.com.